It’s Been an Interesting Week…
It’s Been an Interesting Week…

It’s been an interesting week around here.  The parking lot is full of Red Cross vehicles and the cars and RVs of the evacuees.  The gym is full of cots and tables and stocks of food and essentials.  We became the official East Corbett Evacuee church as of Tuesday.  It’s really a privilege for our...

How Camp Changed My Life
How Camp Changed My Life

For as long as I can remember, going to camp has always been the highlight of my year. To me, life was divided into two seasons: camp and not camp. And even when I was not at a camp I would try fishing with the best camping fishing rod or visit sites like sites like campingfunzone.com...

Ten Reasons You Should Help With VBS
Ten Reasons You Should Help With VBS

Hello Harvest Family. I am sending your way ten reasons why you should be part of the VBS volunteer staff. Some are big, some are small, all are relevant. Enjoy! 1. We have snacks. They’re going to be good snacks. They are going to be theme-driven and cute. Why even finish the list? 2. Jesus...

Fellowship
Fellowship

“Friendship is a lot like food. We need it to survive. What is more, we seem to have a basic drive for it. Psychologists find that human beings have fundamental need for inclusion in group life and for close relationships. We are truly social animals.”                           Hara Estroff Marano, Psychology Today   Here at...

The Christian Community: A Place to Disagree
The Christian Community: A Place to Disagree

I think it is a safe thing to say that a well-cultivated church atmosphere would be a comfortable and inviting place for people to relax and be open with what they are feeling and the things with which they are struggling. A core component of Christian community is recognizing that we are all different, with...

While We Are Talking About Community
While We Are Talking About Community

Recently, on a Saturday, I joined three ladies from our congregation during a morning of service at Adorned in Grace. We only had room for a small group in their back storage area. When we arrived, Dottie from Adorned in Grace, walked us around their showroom and explained what their mission is. Adorned in Grace is...

We Did It Again….
We Did It Again….

We not only stepped up as a church body but knocked it out of the ball park! We surpassed all expectations for our annual Thanksgiving Basket Drive. Final count, we collectively donated food including turkeys for 52 Thanksgiving Baskets!  52!  In years past, which was also utterly fantastic, we donated on average 25 baskets. Over...

Family Camp 2016
Family Camp 2016

We had another great year down at Wi-ne-ma for Family Camp! Each year over Labor Day Weekend families gather together for one last outing before the school year begins. Family Camp functions as a “conference” style weekend with short morning and evening sessions for all age groups, paired with plenty of free time and planned...

Care Ministries – An Update
Care Ministries – An Update

It has been a little while since I have written a blog post so I figured now is the time to give an update on how things are coming along. As you know one of the larger outreaches the Care Team is involved in is the Harvest Food Pantry.  If you haven’t been by to...

42.  Coincidence?
42. Coincidence?

This past week the Harvest Food Pantry had its Grand Opening.  It started off slow on Sunday (first day) but picked up steam on Wednesday! Between Sunday and Wednesday we provided food for 42 people!   42!   “the LORD has done this and is marvelous in our eyes” Matthew 21:42   We are so...