Isaiah 9:6-7 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
I. Culture of Kings
– An object of worship
– A desire to be ruled
– Release of personal responsibility and incentive
– Kings of the Old Testament
II. A Visit From Kings?
– Matthew 2:1-6 vs1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
III. Presented the 8th Day
A. Simeon Luke 2:25-26
– The consolation of Isreal
– The revolutionary nature of his coming Luke 2:33-35
– A prophesy for Mary vs 35b
B. Anna the Prophetess
– The Redemption of Jerusalem Luke 2:36-38