The Story of Jonah, Part 2
I. Same Command With Renewed Authority
Jonah 3:1-9 vs 1 Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time
II. Repentance Of The Unlikely
– Jonah 3:10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.
– Wrath for our enemies?
– Matthew 5:43-48
III. Obedient… But Not In Tune With The Lord’s Compassion
IV. Angry About The Vine
– Jonah 4:5-10
vs 9-10 But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”
“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”
10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight.
– What is our vine?
– That thing we place such a high value on
– That thing we can’t live without
– What if there was a worm?
– Job 1:20-21
– Could we rejoice in the Salvation of our enemy?